I love white chicken chili. First of all, this meal cooks in the slow cooker. I’m never one to complain about not having to stand over a hot stove.
This also makes a great freezer meal. I usually make a double-batch when I make this- make half for that evening and then go ahead and freeze the second half. So one shopping trip and prep time for two meals.
Husband and I differ on garnishes. I like eating it plain. He likes adding enough corn chips and sour cream to make it into stew!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 & 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 can Rotel undrained
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans Bush's Chili Beans: Great Northern Beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 C. chicken broth
- 2 C. shredded pepper jack cheese
- corn chips broken up (optional)
- sour cream optional
- Mise en place!
- Combine all ingredients except shredded pepper jack (and garnish) in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts. Shred. Return to slow cooker. Add 1 cup of pepper jack cheese. Cook 45 minutes or until cheese melted.
- Serve with remaining pepper jack sprinkled on top. You can also top with corn chips and sour cream, if desired.
Day before cooking, place both bags in fridge and thaw. Then cook as normal.