You’re going to love these Halloween Ghost Cookies. First of all, who doesn’t like peanut butter and white chocolate? These are delicious. Also, the kids can help. They’ll love dipping the ghosts and drawing on funny faces for the ghosts. Lastly, these are very, very easy. Dip Nutter Butters in white chocolate, draw on faces…and you’re done!
The Halloween Ghosts were originally part of the the giant edible Halloween Landscape that I made one year. The Halloween Village also included Halloween Buck”eyes, Red Velvet & White Chocolate Spiders, and Strawberry White Chocolate Mummies, among other things. Some parts of the village were so difficult I would never do again. Others were so easy that I do them almost every year. Halloween Ghost Cookies are in the easy category.
For more labels like the one in the “Ghostly Graveyard” below, check out the post “Free Printable Halloween Labels: Multiple Sizes, Multiple Designs.”
Step-by-Step Halloween Ghosts
- Nutter Butters approximately 20
- white candy melts
- 1 tsp . shortening -or- paramount crystals optional
- Black decorating gel
- Melt milk chocolate (start with 1 min. on 50% power; stir, then 30 sec. increments on 50% power). Stir well and often. Do NOT scorch.
- IF chocolate is too thick, add a bit of shortening or some paramount crystals.
- Dip nutter butters in white chocolate. Lay on parchment paper to cool.
- Use a knife to carefully remove any excess white chocolate.
- Decorate with black decorating gel. (see picture for various ideas)
Leave a Reply