This is probably the best frosting in the world. Seriously. My husband (who is not a sweets person) saves the extra, puts in the fridge, and grabs spoonfuls throughout the day. This is now my go-to frosting: I use it for cake pops, my Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake, and anything I’m “testing” for the first time.
The part I’m proudest of…I came up with the idea. Now that I had the idea and developed it, I found it all over the internet. Why didn’t anyone tell me about this before!? And why did I spend multiple batches testing the perfect amount of chocolate and sugar?
2 & 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Two (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
12 oz. baker’s white chocolate
First, you’re going to set out cream cheese and butter and allow it to warm to room temperature. While that is happening, sift the powdered sugar. (This sucks…my arm is always sore afterwards…but is necessary for the perfect light and creamy, fluffy texture we’re aiming for.).
Sift the powdered sugar.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Set out cream cheese and butter and allow it to warm to room temperature.
- Sift the powdered sugar.
- Cream together room tempature cream cheese and butter. Scrape down bowl and make sure there are absolutely no lumps.
- Melt chocolate in microwave- 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir well. Microwave in additional 15 second increments, stirring every time, until melted. Do NOT overheat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese and butter. Mix well.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well, until light and fluffy after each addition. Add sugar to desired sweetness; may not use all of the sugar.