What did I learn making sweet and spicy pork chops?
First, don’t put a pan with caramelized brown sugar in oil (even cooled) under a stream of water….it immediately undergoes a chemical reactions and turns black and hard as stone. Apparently it took me 32 years (well, I only spent a couple of them actually cooking) to learn that. Oh, and what does my husband do? Stand there laughing. Grrrr…..
Second, I actually can stand pork chops under certain circumstances. My husband calls them Cajun Pork Chops…but they really don’t have all the spices of a normal Cajun dish, hence my name.
Third, I have a new easy recipe! And husband loves it. This literally takes 20 minutes tops to make…and 5 to 10 of it is them sitting in the oven. This is now my to-go easy-make recipe. And I don’t even feel guilty because they’re so good.
Sweet & Spicy Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops [I prefer thin cut but you can use want you want], boneless
- C Approx. 1/2 . oil
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp & 1/4 . cayenne powder
- 1 tsp & 1/4 . salt
- 1 tsp . garlic powder
- 1 tsp . paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mise en place. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and spices.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add thin layer of oil. Rub pork chops in sugar/spice seasoning mix.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork chops. Cook approx. 3 minutes per side, until nicely browned, swirling pan/moving pork chops constantly. Add oil as needed to prevent burning.
- Transfer to foil-lined baking pan. Sprinkle a little extra seasoning on and a bit of caramelized pan sauce.
- Bake for 7-15 minutes until pork at 160° (for well-done; you can eat pork rarer now…but I don’t recommend it.)
Leave a Reply