Are you looking for an easy side dish? Or a healthy side dish? How about both? Baked zucchini parmesan sticks fit the bill! I love making these. Plus they go with a ton of main dishes; they’re very versatile.
My husband told me about this recipe that he found on Damn Delicious. Feel free to check out their version. I made quite a few changes…I like the zucchini smaller, I hate garlic, I use less olive oil, the spice ratios are different. Basically the only thing that is the same is the fact there is zucchini and parmesan.
In the photograph above, you can see that I serve with Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops (along with Twice-Baked Potatoes). And in the image below, you can see Chicken with Mushroom Bacon Cream Sauce. As I said, this recipe is versatile.
Baked Zucchini Parmesan Sticks
- Mise en place. (Always!). Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Brush a small amount of oil on bottom of baking sheet. Set aside baking sheet.
- Cut zucchini into half, lengthways. Repeat with each half. Repeat again with each quarter. (Each zucchini will now be 8 long spears). Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush zucchini spears lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Mix together Parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over lightly oiled zucchini spears.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until almost to desired tenderness. Turn broiler on. Broil for 3 minutes. Serve.