You know that flavor of perfect Italian? A kind of tangy taste, but a little salty. A rich flavor-explosion in your mouth. That’s what Italian Pasta Salad delivers. Combining pasta, pepperoni, provolone, and vegetables tossed in delicious tangy homemade vinaigrette.
Does that look fabulous? I always serve Italian Pasta Salad with the delicious Homemade Stromboli you can see in the picture below.
A couple of quick notes:
Deli pepperoni and provolone work best for this. They can cut it very thin. And quartering each of the slices if a perfect size for this dish!
Don’t substitute the balsamic vinegar with a different flavor vinegar. This is one MUST in the recipe. It provides the right flavor.
Feel free to add more vegetables. I sometimes go a little heavy on the peppers. I’ve also seen a version of this with zucchini in it. Not my favorite…but it still tastes good.
Italian Pasta Salad
- Mise en place. Make sure pasta is cooked, drained, and cooled.
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together, stirring very well.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving to allow flavors to develop. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.