Homemade Cajun Seasoning. You will never, ever buy store-bought again. This super-flavorful homemade spice mix is amazing.
When/where to use Cajun Seasoning- while the options are limitless, here are my favorites.
• Smoked Sausage & Shrimp Jambalaya
• Gumbo (obviously)
• Over fish (brush with oil, then add a bit of seasoning)
• Spice up ground beef- burgers or (I’ve never made it…) meatloaf
• Salads. Mix some with a little bit of dressing (and maybe a tiny bit of water to thin it) and you have a ton of flavor with less dressing (hence less calories).
• Dry rub
• Southern pulled pork (haven’t done yet…but dying to try it!)
• Classic red beans and rice
• Potatoes (halve or quarter, toss with oil & flavor, bake in oven)
• or search online for “recipes using cajun seasoning” or Pinterest, etc. Trust me, there are tons of one-pot meals or pasta variations, etc. that use it.
This is part of my “Stop Buying, Start Making” series! Check out the page for more spices, dressings, breads, and household products.
- 2 & 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients. Store in air-tight container.