If we have guests and I had only one option of an appetizer to make, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheese Ball would be it. I have never had someone not like it. While I serve it with graham crackers and Teddy Grahams, I always catch at least one guest eating this with a spoon!
This is amazingly, ridiculously easy to make. I usually make it the day ahead and freeze it. Then put in fridge to thaw for a couple of hours before the party. This is best served cold.
If you like this, you might like “Red Velvet Cheese Ball.” The great debate at parties is always which is better! Haha.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheese Ball
- Mise en place. Beat cream cheese for one minute or until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and mix well. Add powdered sugar and mix until all ingredients well combined.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap out on counter. Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the center. Pull up the corners, then the edges. Gather corner/edges together and twist the peanut butter mixture with other hand, forming into a ball shape. Use a twist tie to prevent it from untwisting.
- Place into a shallow bottom bowl and freeze for at least 2 hours. Unwrap Reese's peanut butter cups. Place in freezer.
- After two hours, pull Reese's cups out of freezer. Quarter each one.
- Pull peanut butter ball out of freezer. Remove plastic wrap. Using hands, make into a ball shape.
- Press chopped up Reese's cups onto surface of cheese ball.
- Serve with graham crackers and/or Teddy Grahams.