A cool, crisp breeze outside. Colored leaves fluttering down from the trees. And inside: the warm, cozy smell of pumpkin pie spice. Those images and sensations seem to sum up fall for me. You’re going to love this fabulous pumpkin bread recipe. It’s easy (I promise). It’s moist. And best of all- it’s cheaper and tastes better than Starbucks.
Husband and I taste-tested a LOT of pumpkin bread before I developed this one. His workplace also did their best to help out. (He’s in the Navy and I always send the extra food from testing in with him).
A couple of quick notes on this pumpkin bread recipe:
1. Be sure to grease the loaf pan thoroughly. The first time I wasn’t generous enough with the non-stick and the bread stuck like crazy.
2. I use my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. It’s cheaper than the store-bought and tastes better.
3. Don’t skip the molasses. It adds just a touch of deep flavor to the bread.
4. After it is cooled, wrap in foil to keep moist.
- Mise en place. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Generously grease two 5" x 9" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl (or bowl of stand mixer), mix all wet ingredient.
- Stir dry ingredients to wet ingredients until everything just moistened.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Place on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently turn loaves out of pan. Allow to finish cooling.
Of course, I want to hear how the pumpkin bread turns out for you! Be sure to stop back by, rate the recipe, and leave a comment letting me how it worked.