It doesn’t matter whether you call it a blog review or blog assessment. Outside opinions are vital to making your blog fabulous.
Other people will notice things that are missing. You’re too involved in your site to know how it looks to a first-time reader. That’s where this free printable blog review comes in.
I also have the questions listed below so you can copy and paste them if you want to ask people via Facebook messenger or e-mail. Also feel free to join Blogging By Design, a Facebook group for bloggers led by me! I would happy to do a blog review for you. But be warned…I’m going to be honest.
If you find this post helpful, you should check out “Blogging Resources,” an entire page dedicated to everything blogging. I also have a FREE Printable Blogging Binder– 50+ page for you to organize and grown your blog.
• Print options: regular paper works fine!
• The file is in a pdf below. Just hit the “download” button.
Blog Review Questions
1. Can you tell what the blog is about? What topics do you think are covered on this blog? Would a first time reader know what the blog niche is?
2. Design. Does it look dated? Unprofessional? Or modern? Professional? What do you like about the design? What do you dislike?
3. Does the navigation make sense? Would a first-time user be able to easily navigate to various sections of the blog? Are the various sections labeled clearly?
4. Post quality. Are the posts informative and useful? Do they reflect an understanding of the audience? Are there noticeable grammar errors?
5. Is there a clear call to action? What would you first do as a reader landing on the front page of the site?
6. Fonts and graphics. Can you easily read the font? Are the graphics engaging and appropriate to the posts? Is the header graphic and/or logo professional and easily read?
7. What would you change? Please be bluntly honest! I want to improve my website.
Wrapping it up
It’s important to get a variety of blog reviews for your website. Your friends and family will have unique insight to how an actual reader would view the site. While your fellow bloggers might notice technical details that won’t stick out to readers.
As I mentioned above, please join the Blogging by Design Facebook Group! I would love to do a review for you.