Who loves delicious, quick desserts that don’t require any baking? Can I see a show of hands? Yep, mine is waving. Is yours? That is why peanut butter brownie puppy chow is going to make your day.
It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s delicious. Seriously delicious.
And the kids can help make it! Well, if you have kids. I wouldn’t recommend stealing one just to get help with the recipe. That’s generally frowned upon. (haha).
If you like this brownie puppy chow recipe, you have to check out the ENTIRE PAGE dedicated to Puppy Chow & Barks. A page full of snack/dessert recipes that are easy to make and don’t require an oven.
One quick note: make sure you use butter-flavored shortening. You can also substitute butter, but that will make the mixture a bit thicker and harder to stir.
Peanut Butter Brownie Puppy Chow
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk chocolate/peanut butter chips, peanut butter, shortening, and vanilla. Heat for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir. Heat for another minute at 50% power. Stir. Continue heating for 30 second intervals (at 50% power) until everything melted and smooth.
- Pour Chex in a large bowl. Pour melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture over them. Stir well until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour 1 & 1/2 C. of dry brownie mix in a large Ziploc bag. Add half of coated Chex mix. Toss thoroughly, breaking up any chunks.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining 1 & 1/2 C. of dry brownie mix and rest of coated Chex mix. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Allow mix to dry. Toss in strainer to remove any excess brownie powder, if necesssary. Serve.
There you have it! Peanut butter brownie puppy chow! It doesn’t get easier than this. Melt some ingredients together. Stir well. Toss in brownie powder. Done.
Remember to save some for yourself before you set it out. It will disappear before you can believe it.
If you liked this recipe, why not rate it (in the recipe card above), comment below, or share it on social media? I would really appreciate it.