Patriotic No-Bake Cheesecake. Amazingly easy, fabulously delicious, and perfect for any July 4th get-together. Aka- Wave Your Flag Cheesecake
This dessert wanders around under different names. Patriotic No-Bake Cheesecake is my name. The top is often decorated in a flag-shape (instead of my alternating lines) and called Wave Your Flag Cheesecake. I use alternating lines because that way everyone gets strawberries AND blueberries in every bite! I’ve also added blueberry jell-o to the original recipe. Yes, I dared to improve upon a recipe made by a major company.
This dessert is easy! Easy as in “if you can make jell-o” easy. Despite that, it’s my husband favorite dessert. He likes it even more than my “Layered Red Velvet & White Chocolate Cheesecake.” I didn’t realize anyone could like something better than that. I think he likes it just for the frosting. If you happen to make extra frosting, it’s good by the spoonful too. Should I be admitting that?
I’ve included a step-by-step (just in case you want to see what it looks like during each step). Though it’s really easy, I promise.
Patriotic No-Bake Cheesecake
- Slice 2 cups of strawberries. Wash blueberries, divide into 2 (2/3 C. each). Halve remaining strawberries and set aside.
- Slice ends off pound cake. Slice remaining pound cake into 10 equal slices. Line bottom of 9″ x 13″ baking dish with slices.
- Mix 1 & 1/2 C. boiling water and strawberry jell-o mix in a medium size bowl. Stir at least 2 minutes, or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Take one cup measuring cup. Fill with ice, add water until cup is brimming. Add to gelatin. Stir until melted. Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberry gelatin mixture over pound cake slices. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Mix 1 & 1/2 C. boiling water and blueberry jell-o mix in a medium size bowl. Stir at least 2 minutes, or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Take one cup measuring cup. Fill with ice, add water until cup is brimming. Add to gelatin. Stir until melted. Add 1 cup of sliced strawberries and 2/3 cup of blueberries. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour blueberry gelatin mixture over pound cake/strawberry jell-o layer. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar until well-fixed and slightly “light and fluffy.” Stir in Cool Whip until well-mixed.
- Spread cream cheese/Cool Whip topping over chilled pound cake/jell-o. Smooth. Then decorate with strawberries & blueberries. [I use alternating lines of strawberries and blueberries, but you can also make a flag shape.]
Would you like more?
Would you like to see more patriotic desserts? Or more easy, no-bake desserts? If so, comment below letting me know.
Could you do me a quick favor? If you enjoyed this recipe, could you share it with your friends? Share buttons are at the top.