I love one-pot meals. How about you? Isn’t the lack of dishes to clean amazing? Not to mention, one-pot meals tend to be a bit easier than stirring three dishes over a hot stove. This easy Sausage and Mushroom Stew is delicious.
• It’s hearty and filling. Loaded with smoked kielbasa, potatoes, mushrooms, and other vegetables, it’s guaranteed to fill any empty tummy.
• Have I mentioned it’s easy to make? With the exception of spending some time peeling and chopping, it’s easy. It bakes in the oven, so no standing over the stove.
• It’s delicious. The smoked kielbasa adds a wonderful depth of flavor.
One final note…the cabbage is completely optional. I’m not a big cabbage fan, but my husband loves it. I’ve made it both with and without the cabbage and it tastes great both ways.
Easy One-Pot Sausage and Mushroom Stew
- Mise en place (always!). Pre-heat oven to 350°. Prep ingredients: peel and chop as needed.
- In a large ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, and mushroom until garlic slightly browned, onions translucent, and mushrooms just start to release juices. Remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients except for cabbage (kielbasa, potatoes, carrots, green beans, cream of mushroom, salt, and pepper). Mix will.
- Cover and bake for 1 & 1/4 hours at 350°.
- Uncover and stir. Add cabbage. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, including cabbage.