Mint oreo bark: this delicious sweet treat is easy to make. With only 3 ingredients, create a cookie bark perfect for parties. Or just eating at home!
Mmmmm…..mint. And chocolate. And cookies. My mouth is watering just thinking about that combination. Mint Oreo Bark is easy to make. And when I say easy, I mean ridiculously easy. 3 ingredients. That’s it.
Melt some chocolate chips. Spread it out. Melt some mint chocolate chips. Spread it out. Swirl. Add chopped cookies. That’s it.
Despite how easy it is, this recipe tastes delicious. And looks fabulous. It’s great for parties, especially St. Patrick’s Day ones! Of course, you can also make it just for your household.
If you’re a fan of mint, you have to check out “St. Patrick’s Day & Mint,” a page dedicated to St. Patrick’s Day printables and mint recipes.
You might also be interested in my AMAZING St. Patrick’s Day Binder, 130+ pages of organizing, games, and decor for the holiday.
~~~~~This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.~~~~~
I specify using mint chips in this recipe. I prefer the Guittard brand. (I might be guilty of occasionally sneaking a handful of mint chips into my mouth…shhh…don’t tell anyone.)
But if you can’t get your hands on mint chips, you can try green candy melts and mint extract. Note that it is mint…not peppermint.
Or white chocolate chips, green food coloring, and mint extract.
Mint Oreo Bark
- 10 oz mint chips
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 Mint Oreo Cookies chopped
- Mise en place. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Use shortening if needed to help the parchment paper stick to the sheet.
- Melt 3/4 of semi-sweet chocolate for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir (even if nothing is melted yet). Heat for addition 15 second cycles at 50% power, stirring well between each interval. Once chocolate is melted, add rest of semi-sweet chocolate. Stir until everything is melted.
- Pour out and spread into a thin layer on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Melt 3/4 of mint chips for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir (even if nothing is melted yet). Heat for addition 15 second cycles at 50% power, stirring well between each interval. Once mint is melted, add rest of mint chips. Stir until everything is melted.
- Drizzle on top of semi-sweet chocolate. Use a knife to make swirls.
- Sprinkle chopped Oreos across top of mint chocolate. Press down slightly to make them stick well.
- Allow everything to cool completely. Break up into chunks.
***If you absolutely must, you can substitute white chocolate (or green candy melts) and mint extract for the mint chips. Results are quite as still good, but are pretty good.
I hope you enjoy this easy mint oreo bark recipe. Could you do me a favor?
You can rate the recipe on the recipe card above. Just click on the number of stars you want to give it (hopefully it’s 5!).
You can also share this post with your friends. Share buttons are along the top.
Leave a Reply