This Italian chicken is so easy to make that I feel a little guilty making it. In fact, I almost didn’t even try the concept when I ran across it. I thought “3 ingredients? You have to be kidding me!”. But I needed a new recipe that used my homemade Italian dressing seasoning, so I figured I would give it a shot. To my surprise, my husband loved it.
The original recipe called for the package of dry Italian dressing mix. In all honesty, we didn’t like that version that well. But I do have my own “Homemade Italian Dressing Mix” that works fabulously.
If you think the macaroni and cheese in the picture up above looks good, check out “Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese.” Trust me, you’ll never buy the blue box again!
Ridiculously Easy Italian Chicken
- 3 Chicken thighs bone-in, with skin
- 3 Chicken legs bone-in, with skin
- 1/2 C. light brown sugar light
- 2 Tbsp. dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Mise en place. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix brown sugar and dry Italian salad dressing mix.
- Press chicken into mix, coating well on both sides. Place into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle leftover mix over chicken.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until chicken done, basting halfway through.
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
~Store in air-tight container.
Leave a Reply