Do you want to hear a secret? When we have leftover frosting in our house, we stick it in the freezer. Random people (okay, fine…husband and I) are known to grab a spoon and occasionally grab a spoonful of delicious, frozen sweetness. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting might be hanging around in my freezer right now.
This frosting is easy to make and tastes fabulous! I use a half-batch on my “Gooey, Soft Cinnamon Rolls: Cinnabon Copycat Recipe.” I also put it on pumpkin bars, pumpkin cupcakes, and more.
If you like this, you might also like “White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting“.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mise en place. Make sure butter and cream cheese are softened.
- Whip together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and milk. Whip until completely smooth and a little fluffy.
- Add 1 C. powdered sugar and all of cinnamon. Whip in until completely smooth.
- Add rest of powdered sugar, 1/2 C. at a time, until at desired sweetness. Whip completely until smooth and frosting is light and fluffy.