Raise your hand if you like S’mores. Okay, raise your other hand if you like muddy buddies. If either hand in the air, you’re going to like these S’mores Muddy Buddies. If both hands are up, you’re going to love them.
Also running around under the name of S’mores Puppy Chow, these are easy (no-bake). They’re delicious.
I used Golden Grahams to get that all important graham cracker feel.
There is peanut butter. That might seem odd, but have you ever added a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup to a s’mores? If so, you’ll understand.
Chocolate and Hershey’s Bars, of course.
And, finally, there is plenty of marshmallows. Not only sprinkled in, but there are marshmallow melted right into the muddy buddies.
While S’mores Muddy Buddies are amazing, they’re not the only muddy buddies hiding on this site. In fact, I love muddy buddies so much…there is an entire page dedicated to them. And it’s constantly growing. So if you’re looking for more easy, no-bake puppy chows, check out the “Muddy Buddies” page!
S'mores Muddy Buddies
- 10 C Golden Grahams
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 & 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 & 1/2 C mini-marshmallows divided
- 1 & 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 bars Hershey's broken up
- Mise en place (always!).
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir, even if nothing looks melted. Cook another 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir again. Microwave at additional 15 second intervals (50% power) as needed. Be very careful not to overheat chocolate.
- Stir 3/4 cup of marshmallows into melted chocolate and peanut butter until melted. Microwave for 15 seconds at 50% power if needed to melt marshmallows.
- Pour Golden Grahams in a large bowl. Pour chocolate/peanut butter/marshmallow mixture over. Stir until all the Golden Grahams are well-coated.
- Pour 1/2 of powdered sugar into a large Ziploc bag. Add 1/2 of Golden Graham mixture. Toss until everything is well-coated and any chunks are mostly broken up.
- Spread out on making sheet to dry. Repeat with remaining powdered sugar and Golden Grahams.
- Toss dried puppy chow with remaining 3/4 C. of mini-marshmallows and broken up Hershey's bars.
- If it's not all eaten immediately, store in an airtight container. Hiding this dessert might be advisable.
Leave a Reply