Those of you who visit often know that I love muddy buddies. With fall approaching, what an excellent excuse to make pumpkin pie spice muddy buddies (or pumpkin pie spice puppy chow, if you prefer that term)! I happened upon some White Pumpkin Pie M&M’s. I tossed them with the muddy buddies. But if you can’t find them, the muddy buddies taste fine without them.
Since we have pumpkin pie spice, these are muddy buddies without peanut butter. I also used Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of Chex. I highly suggest using homemade pumpkin pie spice mix! It tastes much better than store-bought.
If you love muddy buddies as much as me, check out the entire page dedicated to: Puppy Chow (& Barks).
~~~~~This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.~~~~~
Pumpkin Pie Spice Muddy Buddies
- Mise en place. Pour cereal into a very large bowl. Put half of powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice into a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal and toss to mix. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, break up white chocolate. Add shortening. Heat for 30 seconds at 50% power in the microwave. Stir (even if nothing melted). Continue heating at 30 second intervals (50% power), stirring between each heating cycle, until chocolate is melted. Stir in 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal. Stir carefully, coating all the cereal.
- Add half of the chocolate-coated cereal to the prepared Ziploc bag. Toss to coat everything, breaking up any chunks. After everything is mixed, spread out to dry.
- Add remaining half of powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to Ziploc bag. Add remaining half of chocolate-coated cereal. Toss to coat everything, breaking up any chunks. After everything is mixed, spread out to dry.
- Toss dried cereal with M&M's. Serve.