Blueberries, lemon, honey…2 minutes (counting the time to wash the blueberries). This Homemade Blueberry Lemon Dressing is much better tasting than any dressing you can buy in the store. I’ve been amazed how easy it is to actually make a variety of homemade dressings! (Though I do admit my husband refuses to eat it. He won’t eat anything but ranch. Hidden Valley Ranch. Hidden Valley LIGHT Ranch, to be specific. Lord, you should have heard the uproar when I accidentally bought the regular once.)
This recipe is part of my “Stop Buying, Start Making” series, which includes foods and household products (and growing green onions for free year-round). As I experiment in the future, what is your favorite salad dressing?
The directions below to say to mix in a Magic Bullet. If you don’t have one, I suggest mixing a double or triple batch in a regular-size blender. Then freeze extra in 1/4 C. servings or 1/2 C. servings (depending whether you’re freezing for just you or a family). I regularly make a multiple batch serving and freeze the extra. Thaw in the fridge and give it a good shake before using.
Easy Homemade Blueberry-Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 C . blueberries
- 1/3 C . lemon juice preferably from fresh lemon
- 1/4 C . olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 Tbsp . honey
- 1 tsp .-1 Tbsp. Splenda to taste
- Salt & pepper dash each
- Poppy seeds optional
- Mix blueberries, lemon juice, olive oil, & honey in Magic Bullet until pureed.
- Taste-test and decide if you want to add Splenda. (I usually add the full tablespoon). Add a dash of salt and pepper. Blend.
- Add approximately 1 & 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds, if desired.