~~~~~This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.~~~~~
If you haven’t heard of it before, you might be wondering “Why do I care that Amazon is having a sale?” Fair question. You should care because you can get Black Friday deals online NOW. Amazon is offering deals on home products, handmade products, toys, video games, and more. Since part of this site is saving money, I wanted to put together a quick guide to answer all of your questions! And let you know about some special deals!
Amazon Prime Day (<<<Click there to see the current top deals!) is in its fifth year. Last year, prime day surpassed both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Yes, seriously.
New deals start as often as every 5 minutes! And over one million items are on sale. This is one shopping event you don’t want to miss.
What if I don't have Prime membership?
You need to be a prime member to get the deal prices. But did you know Amazon has a free trial membership? Yes, you can try it out. If you don’t like it, then cancel. So you have nothing to lose. Go check out the great deals!
First, you need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of all the offers below.
There’s a 30-day free trial.
After you click on the link above, or the banner below, then click on “See more plans”. You can pay monthly instead of annually if you don’t want to pay the full amount up front. It comes out to a little more end the end (I pay annually), but gives you a chance to try it without a big investment.
Are you a student? If so, click HERE. You’ll get a six-month free trial…and after that, it’s only 6.49/month.
Do you have an EBT card or are on Medicaid? If so, click HERE. If you qualify (you’ll have to submit some documentation showing you qualify), you can get prime for just $5.99/month.
Prime membership isn’t just free 2-day shipping (though I take advantage of that).
• I watch a TON of TV on Amazon Prime Video (including Doctor Who and Downton Abbey).
• Listen to music via Prime Music (over 2 million songs).
• Read via Prime Reading.
• Unlimited photo storage!
• Prime Wardrobe. Try on before you buy! Comes with easy resealable box and return label for easy returns on what you don’t want to keep.
• That’s all included in your prime membership. No extra fees.
How long does the sale last?
It starts on July 15 (midnight PST) and runs through July 16.
• The biggest deals are going to be on Amazon Devices. (<<<Click there). Everything from Echo & Alexa devicesto tablets to Fire TV is going to be on sale! Honestly, I bought a Fire TV stick a week before Prime Day. If I’d remembered Prime day was coming, I could have saved some major money. Speaking of, I cannot recommend the Fire stick enough! I’ve had it for over a year and LOVE it. Netflix, Amazon, Starz, HBO, you can access practically anything! I wanted to watch Game of Thrones, so I subscribed to HBO for a single month and binge-watched it. Saved so much money over having to buy them. Right now I’m watching The White Princess, The White Queen, and The Spanish Princess on Starz. Again, I’m just subscribing for a month, then cancelling.
• Amazon Video is doing $1.99 movie rentals for those movies not already included in Prime.
• 3 months FREE of Kindle Unlimited! This is one Prime Day deal that I’m personally taking advantage of. For those of you who don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry, you can get the app. I have an iPad, and use the Kindle app to access everything.
• Get a $10 reward when you reload your Amazon Gift Card Balance with $100 or more (Applicable on first reload only). Click HERE to get your free $10.
• Prime Day Launches (<<<click there). A bunch of products are launching for the first time on prime day. They’ll have special rates and deals.
• Get $25 FREE! You get $10 free the first time you use the Amazon app (<<<click there for deal). Get $10 for your first purchase via the app. And $5 for first camera and Alexa use (to be honest, I’m not sure about the last one)….but I’m going to get my $10 for the first time purchase on app.
• Get $5 promo credit when you buy $25 in Amazon Gift cards. (<<<click there to see deal)
Top Sellers & Deals:
Deals on various subscriptions and services:
3 months FREE of Kindle Unlimited! This is one Prime Day deal that I’m personally taking advantage of. For those of you who don’t have a Kindle, don’t worry, you can get the app. I have an iPad, and use the Kindle app to access everything.
Audible is doing a special! 66% off of 3 months. Which comes down to $4.95 a month. You get 1 audiobook per month (plus 2 Audible Originals), you can swap it if you don’t like it. The best part? YOU KEEP THE AUDIOBOOKS! Forever.
Subscription boxes! This is one new thing that I’m checking out this year during Prime Day. I love subscription stuff. So I’ll be browsing through these today and seeing if there is anything I like. I’ll update the post with my favorites.
If you’ve been thinking about buying your kid a Fire tablet, NOW is the time! Why? Because they’re doing a 90% OFF Free Time Unlimited for the three-month pre-paid plan which accesses thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games.
Or they’re doing 40% off the year-long plan.
Parents…do you have teens? If they don’t already have Twitch, you’re going to want to get it. It’s free for your teens. And there is a new video game streaming everyday. Or, if you’re like my husband, you can get it FREE for yourself.
Prime membership now includes exclusive benefits on Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.
Notes to self:
Check ebook credit. Showing $5 credit…but when I click through it says expires 7/14…the day before Prime day.
Prime Day home page: https://www.amazon.com/l/13887280011