UPDATE: If you visited this page between May 15th and June 25th, I apologize! The pdf’s were not attached as I was in the process of updating my website. They ARE attached now. My apologies.
Trying to grill, set out the food, not die from heat-stroke. And keep the kids corralled while you do all of the above. Yep, there’s the definition of a summer. Here’s a way to keep them busy! I have two different scavenger hunts below. Unlike previous holidays, these aren’t the “follow the trail of clues”-type hunts.
- One is a “find this” hunt, such as find “a flag,” “red car,” etc.
- The second is a “how many can you find” hunt. You can use this for older kids. Or if you have a bunch of kids you need to keep busy, you can give out prizes to the person who gets the highest total!
Make sure you have a sweet treat or some sparklers to give them as a prize. Or try out my ‘4th of July Muddy Buddies’. Even better!
I’m thinking of doing a “blank” template where you fill out what you want the kids to find. Would anyone be interested in that?
If you’re looking for some printable activity worksheets: maze, crossword puzzle, etc. for the kids, go check out “More Than a Mom of Three”‘s post. She has 5 different 4th of July worksheets as well as a link to some other summer ones!
Also feel free to check out:
- The “Organizing (& Random Popular)” page for vacation clothing planners, the only packing list for vacation you’ll ever need, cleaning checklists, safe cooking temperatures, & more. I’m always adding to it.
- The “Menu & Grocery” page has a TON of different menu planners- weekly, bi-weekly, monthly- as well as some combined with planning your grocery list.
- The “Food Tracking/Exercise” page has various food trackers & will have exercise planners in the future.
- The “Calendars” page has…well, calendars (sorry, couldn’t resist!).
- The “Holiday Printable” page will be slowly growing, but already has some great content!
This scavenger hunt is great if you have a lot of kids. If you’re (or they are) about cheating- having them write down where they find them too so you can double-check the winner.
Just add up the totals and give out prizes to those who find the most!
Get Your Free Planner!
Make 2017 the year you get control of your life and schedule...for good.
Goal-Setting, calendars, meal planners, daily & weekly planners, & more!